Vero Beach Metal Roofing
For generations people have returned home, day after day, to enjoy the peace and quite of their own abode. The phrase “a roof over your head” highlights the importance of the topmost surface of any establishment in Vero Beach. It cannot be denied that a roof is one of the most important components of any Florida house or business.
Vero Beach metal roofing is fast growing in popularity, replacing the traditional asbestos roofs. Metal roofs have a great capacity to contract and expand with heat along with providing protection against hurricanes, winds, snow, hailstorms and heat waves.
Metal is fire resistant, compared to many of the roofing options available. This makes it a popular choice amongst people residing in wildfire and forest fire regions. Metal is considerably more durable than asphalt roofing tiles and can last anywhere between 30-60 years. Along with a long life, this type of roofing material is subject to minimum crumbling, breakdown and corrosion.
Energy Efficient Roofing - Homeowners in Vero Beach Choose Metal Roofs
Metal roofing is a popular choice amongst Vero Beach homeowners as it also reflects a considerable amount of the sun’s energy. This in turn may help people save money throughout the life of the roof in respect to power and heating costs. If people opt for a light-colored roof, it enables about 20% reduction in the air conditioning operating costs during the summer. Vero Beach metal roofing can even reduce the homeowner’s insurance costs.
Metal roofing can be constructed from a high proportion of recycled material, which makes it popular with environmental activists and advocates. It is also much lighter than other tiles and coverings and puts minimum tension and pressure on beams and walls of the Florida home.
After selecting the right kind of metal, the homeowner can coat the surface in any color. In comparison to other typical grids, people can use them in vertical designs, counterbalance rows, small tiles or outsized panes.
Metal roofing proves to be not only an economical option, but also lends durability and aesthetic beauty to the Vero Beach home. For all your metal roofing needs in the Vero Beach area, contact the experts at Panda Contractors today. We will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding our metal roofing products and installation process.
The Metal Roofing Installation Process
- Complete removal of the existing roof system including tile, shingles, asphalt sealants, asphalt paper, boots, vents, and fasteners. Our Vero Beach roofers will prepare any tie-in areas to existing roofs for reroof application.
- Remove and replace any and all rotted roof sheathing throughout entire roof area.
- Remove and replace any and all rotted fascia board that is accessible without the removal of exterior structures.
- Refasten entire roof deck using 8d ring shank nails to “code plus” strength. *Note: this step may qualify for insurance reductions
- Install self-adhered modified rubber metal underlayment entire roof area.
- Install new modified rubber flat roof membrane at dead valley/wall/chimney detail areas, fastened, sealed, and anchored to wall using fascia/cap anchor bar, where applicable.
- Install new modified rubber flat roof membrane at flat roof tie-in, fastened and sealed, where applicable.
- Install new velux self-flashed, all-in-one, leak proof, hurricane tempered glass skylight(s) over existing opening(s), fastened and sealed, where applicable.
- Install new epdm compression boots over plumbing stacks, fastened and sealed, where applicable.
- Install new vents over kitchen, dryer, and bathroom exhaust openings, fastened and sealed, where applicable.
- Install new pre-painted drip edge flashings entire perimeter of roof, fastened and sealed, where applicable.
- Install new valley metal down all valley areas, fastened and sealed, where applicable.
- Paint all boots and vents to match metal color, where applicable.
- Install new solar powered attic ventilators with thermostat control for proper attic ventilation, fastened and sealed, where applicable.
- Install new 5V crimp, standing seam or stone coated steel metal roof system entire roof area, fastened as to achieve “code plus” wind design.
- Install cap metal at all hip & ridge areas, fastened, where applicable.
- Clean up and remove all debris. Use magnet to remove fasteners from lawn.
Metal Roofing System Options
Highest Wind Resistance
Stone Coated Steel
Add new Velux 14 Sun Tunnel Skylight
Add new Velux FCM Skylight w/Finished Light Shaft
Add Light Block Shade Blind
When quality skylights are installed correctly they will outlast the rest of your roof, save money on energy bills, prevent heat from entering, make the inside of your building more enjoyable and enhance value. Home and Gardens Magazine states that "adding a skylight is the single best return on investment in remodeling today."
Replace w/Plastic Dome Skylight
Replace w/VELUX Impact Resistant Skylight
When quality skylights are installed correctly they will outlast the rest of your roof, save money on energy bills, prevent heat from entering, make the inside of your building more enjoyable and enhance value.
Energy Star Recommendation
It is customary to re-insulate your attic during the roof process. Doing so will save a minimum of 20% off of your cooling and heating bills and make it more comfortable. Homes built before 2007 were required to only install R-19. New code is R-30, FPL suggests R-38 and The Department of Energy suggests R-49. Typical investment payback is less than 3 years. Insulated areas do not included non-conditioned spaces.
Add Where Able
Entire Perimeter (not screen enclosures & gables)
Gutters are usually replaced during the reroof process. Gutters help prevent foundation decay, flower bed damage and exterior equipment damage. Gutters are perfect for collecting rain water for lawn use, preventing waterfalls on walkways and redirecting rainwater away from the building.
Max. Insurance Reduction
Highest Wind Resistance
Install Metal & Tile Underlayment to valleys & pipe penetrations
Install Metal & Tile underlayment to all valleys, pipe penetrations & flashing areas
Install Metal & Tile underlayment to entire roof deck
The Florida Building Code requires that all existing decks be refastened to current code of using an 8d nail, six inches on center at the perimeter of each plywood sheet and twelve inches on center in the field of each plywood sheet. By refastening and documenting a code-plus installation, your roof will qualify for insurance reductions. It is important to upgrade not only the fastener spacing, but also the fastener type as well.
Max. Insurance Reduction
#30lb. Felt Paper, Nailed
Sealed Seams, #30lb. Felt Paper, Nailed
Fully Adhered, Sealed Fasteners
30lb. Felt Paper, Nailed & Fully Adhered
By installing a fully-adhered underlayment directly to the roof's deck you provide a hurricane resistant secondary water barrier against leaks and storm damage. Doing so will qualify your roof for major insurance reductions.
Metal Wall Flashing
Enhanced Value & Protection
Reseal Existing Flashing
New Exterior Flashing
New Concealed Flashing
Common practice is to reseal existing flashings unless the flashings are installed improperly or not in "like new" condition. Exterior flashing is less expensive, but may create a maintenance situation. If you desire a finished look, removing the stucco/siding and installing new flashing and finish materials is an option. Note: Additional painting may be required.
High Wind Resistance
Large Off Ridge Vent
Solar Powered Ridge Vent
Ventilation is required to meet code. Due to ridge and system limitations some vent options may not be available. Aluminum and Mesh ridge vents require maintenance.
Our Vero Beach Metal Roofing Contractors Provide These Services
- Metal Roofs
- Metal Roofing
- Metal Roof Repairs
- Metal Roof Installation
- Steel Roofs
- Metal Roofing Shingles
- Price of Metal Roofing
- Steel Metal Roofing
- Roof Replacements
- Commercial Roofing
- Roofing Tiles
Why Vero Beach Should Hire Us for Their Metal Roofs
At Panda Contractors, we are your Vero Beach metal roofing experts. We can install, repair and replace metal roofing to suit your needs, whether you are a commercial or residential customer. We have over 40 years of experience serving Florida as a fully insured and licensed Vero Beach roofing contractor, so rest assured that you will receive top quality metal roofing materials and results when you contact us for your metal roof needs in Florida.
Our Vero Beach roofers are high trained and continue to stay up to date on the lastest roofing products and installation processes to ensure you get the best in service from Panda Contractors. If you are looking to replace your old roofing shingles with some type of roofing material that is not only cost-effective but is also durable and beautiful, contact us today to get started on your new metal roof! Free metal roofing estimates available.
Recent Articles about Metal Roofing
- Vero Beach Metal Roofing – A Good Choice for Roof Replacements - Keeping your home’s structural integrity in mind is important. The roof is the most important part of any house whether big or small. It is, in fact, the basic need for home maintenance. Every home owner has different means of ensuring their home is in top shape. Structural home problems must be checked regularly. Doing ... [Read more]
- What Is the Right Roofing Material for My Vero Beach Home? - Your choice of Vero Beach roofing material will affect both the external appearance of your home and the comfort of your family inside the home. Roofing materials are important in energy conservation, comfort, and the appearance of your home. Your choice of material for a re-roofing project or for a new roof on a home addition ... [Read more]